KOTA KINABALU: The tourism industry in Sabah received a boost today as the state government has lifted the requirement for Malaysian citizens to undergo a Covid-19 swab test before entering the state.
Now Sabahans returning to the state and everyone from Peninsular Malaysia, Sarawak and Labuan would only be required to fill in a health declaration form, said Chief Minister Datuk Seri Shafie Apdal (pix) in a statement.
The move was in line with the federal government’s enforcing the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) from June 10 to August 31.
“They only need to complete the form and follow the standard operating procedures (SOPs) of the Sabah Health Department.
“The approval for entry is also subject to rules by the Immigration Department and other related laws,” he said.
He added that the health department will still monitor and assess the risks of all those entering Sabah.
Previously, the Sabah government required those travelling from the peninsula, Sarawak and Labuan to take a swab test three days before coming to Sabah to ensure they were free from the virus.-HS